Lifestyle Vitamins
Dentistry For You Logo
Bespoke Care Company
JG Theatre Club
Mr Computing
D and S Mugridge
Lingfield College
A to Z Refurb Specialists
Slider

Batteries can cause bin truck fires

Biffa-fire-twitter

Common household batteries caused two separate bin collection truck fires in Wealden after sparks ignited the surrounding rubbish

In one incident, a mobile phone battery exploded and caught fire. Thankfully no-one was hurt in either event, but there was significant service disruption to refuse and recycling collections.
Batteries and small electrical items of any kind pose a fire risk if placed in amongst rubbish and recycling. The risk is much higher in hot weather. To help us prevent future fires, please place them in a separate bag on top of either your rubbish or recycling bin for collection. If you can remove batteries from items first please do so. Please take any larger electrical items which don’t fit into a carrier bag to a Household Waste and Recycling Site.

Crews were very lucky this time and avoided serious injury. With your help, we can continue to keep both you and our refuse workers safe, and our services running to schedule. Thank you, Wealden District Council

Posted in
Copy Cats Logo
DMC Logo
GC Alarms Logo
Malcolm Mair Logo
Marcus Woodman Logo
Matt Davies Logo
Tupholme Cars Logo
Tupholme Cars Logo
RL Computer Solutions
Connected Chiropractic
Nutley Motor Services
Matt Davies
Ashdown Retreats
Slider